Silver and vermeil are maintained in the same way. Why ? And how? We explain everything to you on how to take care of your Mayrena jewelery and preserve it as well as possible.
Vermeil is a precious metal. It is composed of a 925 silver base covered with 5 microns of gold, minimum 18 carats, by electrolysis bath.
When the jewelry is not worn, ithe silver base may oxidize over time and the presence of sulfur in the air. This is why you can maintain your vermeil jewelry in the same way as silver jewelry.
Check out our top tips:
1. Protect your jewelry from oxidation
To protect it from oxidation, when you are not wearing it, store your jewel in its pouch Mayrena, after cleaning it with a soft cloth. Why? Quite simply to protect its silver base from the natural reaction of this metal with air: oxidation. This can cause a slight black deposit over time which in any case cleans up very easily.
2. Clean your jewel if necessary
To remove the oxidation stains that form over time on your jewellery, you can use:
– toothpaste (which is in fact the equivalentnt of a polishing paste),
– a classic silverware like this one we use,
– a cleaning cloth for silver cant also be very practical because it is the cheapest and easiest to use!
For the toothpaste:
– Put a dab on your finger
– Rub gently to remove oxidation stains– Then remember to rinse your jewel well and dry it with a soft cloth after cleaning
– Then store it in its pouch if you are not wearing it.
Here it is like new, it shines again with a thousand lights!
3. Avoid contact with aggressive products
Remember to remove your vermeil jewelery before using your hydro-alcoholic gel, your household products or your perfume. Palso remember to remove them before playing sports or going to the swimming pool. Indeed, aggressive products, very acidic and chemical, attack and alter the vermeil layer of your jewelry.
Bonjour, je voulais vous remercier pour le conseil du dentifrice, ça fonctionne vraiment ! J’avais deux paires de boucles d’oreilles avec bcp de traces brunes et pas moyen de les nettoyer (savon doux, vinaigre dilué, chiffon doux,…) et avec le dentifrice tout est quasiment parti, merci beaucoup !!!