Respect for human rights and working conditions, traceability, ethical and environmentally responsible manufacturing, we explain everything to you social commitment and environmental from Mayrena!
1. The RJC label in a few words:This label was created in 2005 by an international non-profit organization, at the initiative of the major jewelry houses, which brings together companies and suppliers in the field of jewelry. It regulates the exploitation of gold, silver, platinum and precious stones.
The Responsible Jewelry Council wishes:
- promote responsible jewelry
- enforce ethical, social and environmental issues in this environment
- have a ethical code adopted for the profession from the supply chain to distribution
- allow maximum transparency and traceability in the environment
More than 450 companies and suppliers in the field have received this RJC certificate following an internal and external audit.
2. What elements are checked during the audit?This audit lasts three years and checks:
- supplying the workshop, ensuring that metals and precious stones do not come from war zones or internal conflict like diamonds called “blood diamonds”.
- respect for the working conditions of employees, their health and safety
- the treatment and emission of waste to minimize pollution due to production
The entire chain from A to Z must respect ethical, social and environmental standards and not only at one link in the chain: the workshop in question, but also their suppliers and subcontractors, from the extraction of metals to the sale of jewelry.
This RJC code of good practice evolves every three years to guarantee the relevance of the standards according to developments in society and the environment.
3.How does the creation and manufacturing of Mayrena jewelry take place?
It all starts with the creative stage. I imagine and design each piece of jewelry using 3D software after or before doing the first tests with the material. This allows me to imagine its rendering on the body and to think of it as a real design object.
I then send these drawings, 3D, renderings and plans to my manufacturer. Following this, he sends me prototypes, often in brass or silver, so that I can test the jewelry, its design and above all, its comfort.
I then show it to those close to me in order to validate the launch. There may be several round trips between the first prototype and the final.
I favor small quantities at the beginning, in order to produce as leanly as possible. This is why we often launch pre-orders, to always listen to your desires.
As soon as I receive the silver jewelry, I take care of depositing part of it to plate it with 5 microns of gold with one of the best specialists in Parisian galvanization who also works for big houses.
And finally, time for the shooting and the creation of content to present the new creations to you.
Mayrena creations are in gold and silver. Infinitely recyclable materials that can be melted and remelted without losing their shine. Each Mayrena creation is designed to last, to accompany you for as long as possible and to give you the strength and courage to assert yourself!
Doing things well and better is one of my biggest goals for 2022, I would like to take an even more responsible and environmentally friendly turn and for this, a search for partners awaits me Again !
See you next school year,